Volunteers – How We Work
The driving force behind the SBDBO has been through the efforts of its volunteers. From coaching to race organization, administrative to site maintenance nearly every function of the SBDBO is accomplished by volunteers who sacrifice time out of their schedule to contribute to something they truly believe in.
- To Provide education and instruction to the general public on dragon boating
- To foster, conduct, and assist dragon boat competitions.
- To sponsor, promote, or facilitate local dragon boat events and races.
- To promote low cost community sports and exercise.
- To provide youth programs centered on paddling activities and leadership.
- To reach out to under served audiences and diverse youth to the benefits of paddling and dragon boating.
- To assist with fundraising events for local non-profits.
- To enhance bonding and interaction among different ethnic and cultural groups locally, nationally, and internationally.